Community Newspapers are the lifeline to their communities and provide a dynamic, active and rewarding working environment. Careers at community newspapers cover many departments including editorial, advertising, circulation, production, distribution and administration.
For available positions within the following groups please visit their web sites:
New Media Specialist Intern
Manitoulin Publishing Company Limited wishes to a hire a New Media Specialist Intern. The intern's primary objective will be to position the Manitoulin Publishing Co. Ltd's websites firmly as the premiere news and "buy, sell and auction" portals for Manitoulin Island.
Working under the supervision of the organization's certified webmaster, the intern will:
- Continuously monitor and post to social media networks;
- Design online advertising opportunities for clients;
- Continuously post content to Manitoulin.ca and thisismanitoulin.ca;
- Work with webmaster to develop multiple strategies to increase online traffic flow;
- Liaise with newspaper's editorial staff to determine appropriate and current content;
- Use Google Analytics in order to analyze news site trends and apply them to our own content; and
- Work with webmaster to add and monitor useful community features to manitoulinmail.com
The intern will work directly with clients in developing their online messages.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of website design, structure and maintenance;
- Be capable of creating social media posts;
- Be a recent graduate of a related program from an Ontario post secondary institution. This must be your first full-time position in your field.
- Qualified applicants must have the demonstrable abilities to work quickly and efficiently to deadlines, manage a large work flow, manage their own and others' time and work in a team environment. Correct written English usage with a firm grounding in spelling, grammar and punctuation is an expectation.
$17.35/hour for 52 weeks with the possibility of an offer of permanent employment after one year.
If you meet these qualifications, please apply, with references and resume to:
The Manitoulin Expositor, attention Dave Patterson
Post: Box 369, Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
Deadline for applications is Friday, April 10, 2015 at 4:00PM.
Sales Position - Correo Canadiense
Sales position for a recognized Spanish Newspaper in Toronto. Commission based between 20% to 30% plus expenses.
Please contact by email to email@example.com
John has over 35 years of experience working in the newspaper industry. He started at the Brampton Daily Times as sports reporter and editor, spent time at the Cambridge Reporter as sports and city editor, then moved to the Brampton Guardian as editor and finally joined the Georgetown Independent & Free Press as managing editor.
For more information, please click here to see John's resume.
Highly skilled Plant Manager with 23 years of professional experience at a web printing and graphics plant available for hire. Looking for challenging position in management, customer service and production. For full CV, please contact Scott at 519-692-5854 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see Scott's resume.