Ontario Junior Citizen Awards - Nominations Open Until November 30
Has your son raised funds for hurricane relief? Has your nephew helped build awareness for child poverty? Has your daughter earned the highest-grade average within her school? Has your young neighbour volunteered to take out the garbage and shovel the driveway for an elderly couple? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you must nominate them today to be recognized with an Ontario Junior Citizen Award!
These are just some examples of what young people are capable of. There are outstanding youth across the province who are making a difference in many ways and they deserve to be commended for their hard work and achievements.
Who is eligible? Any Ontario resident between six and 17 in one of five areas:
- A person involved in worthwhile community service
- A special young person contributing to their community while living with a physical or psychological limitation
- An individual who has performed an act of heroism in the past year
- Excellence in achievement, such as the arts or athletics
- Good kids who show a commitment to make life better for others and do more than is normally expected of someone their age
We look forward to providing recognition for such outstanding young people who continue to be an inspiration for others. The awards program is coordinated by the Ontario Community Newspapers Association (OCNA), and sponsored by TD Bank Group.
Up to 12 nominees will be chosen as the final recipients of the provincial Award and will be invited to a special ceremony held in the spring of 2018.
Help us celebrate what makes our community great.
Nomination deadline for the 2017 Ontario Junior Citizen Awards is November 30. Nomination forms are available at www.ocna.org/juniorcitizen.
For more information, please contact Kelly Gorven at firstname.lastname@example.org.