The Voice of Pelham, one of the few non-chain papers in all of Niagara and the only one serving Pelham, is looking for a full-time reporter. Now in our 20th year, The Voice is an important and valued part of our community.
- Excellent interviewing, writing and editing skills
- Good photographic ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Own vehicle and valid license
- Laptop or other computer; recording device such as a smart phone or other audio recorder
- Knowledge of Niagara/Pelham an asset
- The successful candidate will be expected to cover municipal council, politics, community news and events, and feature stories. He or she will report directly to the Editor.
- NO social media involvement required or desired. We seek a writer, not a blogger, not a Tweeter. You will not be burdened by online distractions.
This is a full-time position. Hours potentially may be split between office and home. Requires evening and weekend availability.
David Burket, Publisher
The Voice of Pelham
PO Box 1489
Fonthill, ON L0S 1E0
No office drop-ins. Thank you.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.