Canadian Media Protective Association
Our staff administers the Canadian Media Protective Association. Members are invited to apply for coverage by contacting Lucia Shepherd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Canadian Media Protective Association provides access to group Media Insurance to:
- Community Newspapers
- Small Market Dailies
- Academic Journals
- Trade Publications
- Community and Special Interest Websites
Canadian Media Protective Association is a not-for-profit entity whose members include publications from across Canada.
Canadian Media Protective Association is governed by its own Advisory Board that is comprised of publishers and employees from its member publications.
Summary of Services
- Experienced legal counsel. You gain access to some of the best media lawyers across the country.
- Immediate, direct access to legal advice, when you need it to check or 'pre-clear’ stories or articles before they run.
- Affordable rates - Our mandate is to make available affordable fees to Canadian publications. As such, fees are set to cover the cost of claims and operations. There is no motive for profit.
- One-stop coverage for all in-house writers and correspondents for all of your publications, including websites, podcasts, and vertical publications.
- Discounts available for organizations insuring more than 5 publications.
- Contact Lucia Shepherd at email@example.com or 416-923-7724 ext. 4423 for a quote.