OCNA has teamed up with the Online Media Campus to help the association fulfill its mission of providing affordable and relevant training to members.
America's Newspapers Webinars
America’s Newspapers is offering these webinars FREE to all press associations and our members. These are useful topics and important topics and they are happy to provide this opportunity to as many people as possible to participate. They want to keep all newspapers informed and motivated and positive.
If interested, simply click on the registration link and fill in the necessary information. Under fee, leave the type as Member – America’s Newspapers (No cost) and Click register at the bottom of the page. You will receive an email with the log in instructions.
These webinars are a product of America’s Newspapers, and are being distributed by OCNA on behalf of them.
Tuesday, May 12 – 1 :00 pm CDT
Generating revenue during the pandemic by helping your advertisers and your readers
In an economic environment unprecedented in our lifetimes, a newspaper’s most urgent work is to support its community and local businesses while remaining financially viable itself. Peter Lamb, an industry veteran with more than three decades of sales and marketing experience, in this webinar lays out how newspapers can achieve these daunting goals. You’ll learn what your advertisers really want from you, and what your reps should be saying to them. What is the optimal activity you should expect from your reps, and what role does selling to niches play in their marketing plans? This webinar will also answer the vital question of what your readers want and need from your advertisers.
Presented by Peter Lamb, president, Lamb Consulting
Newspaper Academy Webinars
Kevin Slimp Webinar: Preparing Your Staff for the Possibility of Working at Home Amidst COVID-19
All businesses have to make plans to deal with emergencies. Newspapers are no different. Whether your paper serves an area already dealing with school closings, quarantines, and other disruptions associated with COVID-19 or not, it’s imperative to have a plan in place to get the paper out in case you or your staff can’t get to the office. Whether due to a quarantine – or because someone has to be home watching the kids who are out of school – it’s of critical importance to make plans now.
In the first of two webinars meant to assist newspapers in dealing with COVID-19 (the second is led by Ryan Dohrn later in the day) Kevin Slimp will discuss how to get your staff prepared to get your paper out from home. Just a few of the topics he will discuss include:
- Making sure everyone has the hardware necessary to get the paper out
- Making sure everyone has the software necessary to get the paper out
- Making sure everyone can access files, whether online, through storage devices, or other methods
- Making sure settings are correct in all applications so print quality doesn’t suffer
- Developing a plan so everyone knows what to do if a quarantine is announced
- Keeping your community informed, even if your printer shuts down
Ryan Dohrn Webinar: Helping Newspaper Advertisers Understand Marking Amidst COVID-19
Veteran ad sales coach Ryan Dohrn will share 10 ways to empathize, educate and guide your advertisers during the COVID-19 crisis.
Key takeaways will be:
- How to show empathy without getting into a COVID-19 debate.
- How to explain the NASCAR effect of getting 3 laps down when advertisers pull ads.
- How to show examples like Kellogs and Dominoes that doubled down on marketing in a crisis and came out as market leaders after a crisis.
- How to help advertisers re-define their core audience for survival.
And so much more.