The North Renfrew Times, an independent, award-winning community newspaper based in Deep River, Ontario, is looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working journalist to join its team.
- • Excellent interviewing, writing and editing skills
• Good photographic ability
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and take direction, while generating original story ideas
• Own vehicle and valid license
• Laptop or other computer; recording device such as a smart phone or other audio recorder
• Knowledge of Deep River and area an asset
• Willingness to represent the newspaper in the community
• The successful candidate will be expected to cover municipal council, politics, community news and
events, and feature stories.
Flexible schedule. Requires evening and weekend availability.
Kelly Lapping, Publisher
North Renfrew Times
PO Box 310
Deep River, ON K0J 1P0
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.