Terms & Conditions
The deadline for booking advertisements and receiving material is Tuesday at noon for publication beginning the following Monday.
Conditions of Acceptance
The Ontario Community Newspapers Association will not accept the following types of classified advertisements as part of its Network Classified advertising program. In addition, participating member newspapers retain the right to reject any advertisement in the program which does not comply with their advertising standards.
- An advertisement which asks the reader to send money in advance for a product or service or for information regarding a product or service.
- Any business opportunity advertisement which, in the judgment of Association, is not a legitimate business opportunity or job offer (for example, work-at-home ads, employment directories etc.).
- Any advertisement for a product or service which is felt by the Association to be undesirable or offensive to readers of its member newspapers.
- Any advertisement which makes undocumented claims for the benefit of a product or service.
- Any advertisement for an unlawful product or service.
- Any advertisement which is discriminatory to any race, colour, creed, religion or sex.
- The Association reserves the right to ask for a sample of any product or service offered in order to ascertain the worth of the product or service.
We attempt to keep e-mail and Web site addresses on one line of type, but depending on length/formatting, we cannot guarantee this. The Association will not be responsible for any errors in an advertisement if the advertisement has not been received via online form, e-mail, or hard copy by mail/fax. If an ad is received in this format and a significant error is made by the Association, that advertisement will be re-run upon the request of the advertiser. If a participating newspaper makes a significant error in the publishing of an advertisement, the said ad will be re-run in that newspaper, upon the request of the advertiser.